Serving size: 8oz
Safflower oil 2 tbsp
Cinnamon sticks 2 each
Tomatoes, plum, chopped 4 each
Honey 2 tbsp
Coconut milk 3 cups coconut milk
Kaffir lime leaves 1 handful
Cilantro, chiffonade ½ bunch
Serrano chile, minced 2 each
Shallots, peeled 8 each
Garlic, peeled 6 cloves
Ginger, peeled 2 oz
Turmeric, peeled 1 oz
Coriander, toasted & ground 1 tbsp
Cumin, toasted & ground 1 tsp
Red Lentils, soaked overnight 2 cups
Salt 3 tbsp
SCD hard boiled eggs 2 portions
Ready for deliciousness:
- Grab your food processor and combine and grind together the shallots, garlic, chile, ginger, turmeric, and spices to make the spice paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot and stir in the spice paste. Add the cinnamon sticks. Once they start to become fragrant add the tomatoes and honey
- Cook for 2 more minutes before adding coconut milk and lime leaf. Bring the contents to a boil and cover your pot.
- Let this simmer gently for 1 hour then add the red lentils. If needed, you can add water to cover the lentils. Continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes until they are tender.
- Season to taste, garnish with coriander and hard boiled eggs
- Serve and rejoice!