Tomato, Cauliflower, and Cheese Frittata
Makes 2 servings
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
½ small white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ small head cauliflower, finely chopped
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the tomatoes.
- Put the onion, garlic, cauliflower, oil, salt, and pepper into a large, oven-safe sauté pan (no plastic handles, please!). Place the pan over low to medium-low heat (you don't want to brown the ingredients) and cook the mixture for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring, until everything is soft and hot.
- Pour the vegetables and hot oil into the egg mixture, and stir to combine (this will partially cook the eggs).
- Pour the mixture back into the sauté pan. Using a rubber spatula, move the mixture around as if scrambling eggs until the eggs are mostly set. Place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes and bake until all the ingredients have set. Cool slightly, cut, and serve.
Travis H. Bettinson, Personal Chef, Seattle, Washington www.junipfoods.com